General News

Pius Hadzide Figured in GH₵1.1 Chop-Chop; But Says Allegations Are Without Merit

The Chief Executive Officer of the National Youth Authority (NYA), Pius Enam Hadzide has dismissed claims of misappropriation leveled against him.

The Herald Newspaper has alleged that the NYA has squandered GH₵1.1 million cedis on sitting allowance in contravention of a directive by the Ministry of Finance.

However, Mr Hadzide has described those claims as “unfounded, baseless and without merit”.

Speaking to Accra-based Rainbow Radio, Mr Hadzide says no attempt would stop him from doing his work as stipulated in the NYA act.

“When I was appointed, we organized nine board meetings. The cost of these meetings and other activities will not amount to GH₵300,000. The GH1.1 million is false and not accurate figure”, he explained.

He further explained that the total expenditure of the NYA is about GH₵246,000 and not GH₵1.1 million, as alleged by the Herald Newspaper.

Providing more details on the issue, Mr Hadzide says his outfit has so far organized nine board meetings since he assumed office.

“We organized another one on June 24, 2022, January 31. 2022, May 30, June 15, August 1 and September 7, 2022. The Board meetings were nine and the cost involved are less than GH₵246,000”, he further explained.

 

GOT A STORY?
Email Us: [email protected] or
Whatsapp: +233(0)201743825

Crew Blog

"CrewBlog,net: The Ultimate hub mainly has a priority to provide to the public genuine and communicable information that may serve as an alert for a better and good life living. Send Your News Stories And Report To [email protected]

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button